domingo, 2 de enero de 2011

asking for advice -COMPULSORY 2ND EVL

You receive two letters asking for advice. Answer one of them in 25 - 30 words

A. I’m a student of "4 eso g" and I have failed my recent exams. My friends tell me to leave school. My parents will be very angry. What should I do?" William Faulkner

B. "I’m 16 and I like a girl very much. I’d like to gout with her but I’m very shy to ask her. I’ve written a lot of poetry dedicated to her. How should I tell her my love?" Isidro Lobo

EXAMPLES
David from Essex says he is in love with a girl in his school, but he is too shy and nervous to speak to her.

Helen thinks she is too fat. She wants to lose weight. But she eats too many sweets and chocolates, because she loves them.

4 comentarios:

  1. David
    You should not feel nervous! You should go and speak to her. It is a good idea to make friends with her first. After that, if your feelings for her are growing, you should ask her out on a date. But you shouldn’t be disappointed if she says no! Finally, if you have no success, you shouldn’t worry - you will still have a friend! Good luck, David!


    Helen

    Are you sure you are overweight? Some girls consider themselves fat, but they really aren’t. You should go to the doctor’s, then you should follow his advice. Anyway eating healthy food and doing some physical exercise will do you a lot of good.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cristina Angulo García 4ºA nº5

    A- You should continue to study at least until you finish the obligatory studies. And then, you should choose what you like, without yours parents or friends influence that decision. Good luck, William!

    B- First, you should smile when she looks you, after you should greet. Then you should have short conversations with her (for example: Have you done the math homework? or How about the weekend?) And finally you should read a poem when you are alone with her.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Abel Fernandez Hernandez 4ºA

    I think that you should study more, but if you believe that you would like to work in a real-life trade, you should do it when you are 16 years old

    If you say to me that you are shy I believe that the better thing is that you get drunk and say it to him

    ResponderEliminar
  4. alejandro 4A
    A-Begin by studying more and your parents do not get mad and your friends to see you approve will tell you not to leave school

    ResponderEliminar